BuildingConnected gives you the ability to suggest an edit to a company or user’s profile. This helps maintain our network of general contractors and subcontractors with the most recent and accurate contact information.
Everyone has the ability to suggest an edit for users within the network. Simply click on a company or user’s name anywhere in the application to bring up their profile, then click on the “Suggest an Edit” button.
- Company Profile
- User Profile
There are two ways you can suggest an edit
1. After clicking “Suggest an Edit,” you’ll see a form on the left-hand side that you can update directly. Click on the "x" to remove information or click into each field accordingly to add options and click "Save".
We will send an email to the company's office lead or the specific user, and an in-app message will appear for the contact within that company asking them to confirm the change.
Edits will update immediately in a pending state for you and your coworkers so that your company can utilize this updated information while the company reviews your suggested edits. The edits are visible in bid packages, bidder list templates, bidder search, and company/user profiles. If you hover over the suggestion, a note will appear that the company/individual has been sent your suggestion.
Please note that suggested information is not currently searchable. For example, if you change a user's email or phone number, it won't come up in search with the suggested edit until it is approved.
The suggestor will not receive an email notification whether an edit is accepted or denied by the company.
- Once the contact has confirmed the information you entered is correct, it updates publicly across BuildingConnected and the suggestor will see a banner across this company's profile stating that they have confirmed your suggestion. You can click "Dismiss" to remove the banner at any time.
- If the user or company you have suggested an edit for denies your request, the information will revert back to its original content since they have deemed the change incorrect. Everyone in your company will also see a banner stating that the contact has declined your suggestion. You can also click "Dismiss" to remove the banner at any time.
2. You can also “Flag inaccurate information” on the right side of the screen. Check the applicable edits to be made and click "Save".
When suggesting an edit on a user or company here, it is important to include as much information as possible
- If the company is a duplicate, do you know what the other company profile is called?
- If the user’s email is incorrect, do you know the correct email address?
- If a company’s phone number is discontinued, do you know the new number?
- If a user no longer works at a company, do you know where they work now?
Information like this is extremely helpful so we can not only rid the system of inaccurate information but maintain it with updated information.
You will see the following banner on the company's profile indicating that a suggested edit has been made from the right-hand side.
These suggestions often require merging or removing accounts, so they go directly to the BuildingConnected team. Our team will review each of these suggestions carefully and take any necessary actions to the best of our abilities. If we can verify that the suggestion is accurate, we will make the change to update the network. Filling out the “Flag inaccurate information” section does not send an email notification directly to the user.
The banner will disappear once our team has reviewed the request. If you do not notice a change within the network, please feel free to contact support to inquire about our decision and provide more information as to what needs to be updated within the network.