BuildingConnected is the only software solution in the construction industry that gives you the ability to suggest an edit to a company or user’s profile. This helps maintain our network of general contractors and subcontractors with the most recent and accurate contact information so you don’t have to.
Everyone has the ability to suggest an edit for users within the network. Simply click on a company or user’s name anywhere in the application to bring up their profile, then click on the “Suggest an Edit” button.
There are two ways you can suggest an edit
1. After clicking “Suggest an Edit,” you’ll see a form on the left-hand side that you can update directly. Edits will update immediately in a pending state for you and your coworkers. We also send an email to the office lead, and an in-app message will appear for all users within that company asking them to confirm the change. Once we have confirmed the information you entered is correct, it updates publicly across BuildingConnected. If the user or company you have suggested an edit for denies your request, the information will revert back to its original content since they have deemed the change incorrect.
2. You can also “Flag inaccurate information” on the right side of the screen. These suggestions often require merging or removing accounts, so our Support team will review each of these suggestions carefully. After we have verified that the suggestion is accurate, our team will make the change. Filling out the “Flag inaccurate information” section does not send an email notification directly to the user, but we will contact them or their coworkers personally if needed.
When suggesting an edit on a user, it is important to include as much information as possible
- If the user’s email is incorrect, do you know the correct email address?
- If a company’s phone number is discontinued, do you know the new number?
- If a user no longer works at a company, do you know where they work now?
Information like this is extremely helpful so we can not only rid the system of inaccurate information but maintain it with updated information.