Opportunity groups help keep your Bid Board organized by allowing you to combine opportunities into a single entry in your Bid Board. Opportunity groups are specifically helpful in cases where multiple general contractors invite you to bid on the same project or for projects in which the general contractor is using phased bidding.
This article explains how to create opportunity groups.
How to create opportunity groups
1. To start, look for the opportunities in your Bid Board that you want to group.
2. Once identified, click on the drop-down menu next to one of the opportunities. (You’ll have a chance later to add more opportunities to this group).
3. Click on “Group with…”
4. Next, you will see a pop-up window where you can search for all the opportunities you want to include in the group. Click into the box and start typing the name of a bid you’d like to add to the group.
5. Check the box next to the opportunities you want to include in the group. Once selected, click on “Create group.”
6. You’ll now be able to review, and if necessary update, some important details about your new group. Here you can change the group’s name, the group’s status and the group’s assignee. The group assignee is the assignee for all bids in the group. When everything looks good, click “Done.”
7. Finally, you will be asked if you’d like to view the group or return to your Bid Board.
8. The opportunity group will be immediately visible on your Bid Board, and will be listed under the status you selected in step 6 above.
If you have any questions about creating opportunity groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!