Creating groups and submitting proposals from within these groups can help keep your bids organized. This article explains how to submit proposals for individual bids that are part of a group.
To submit proposals for grouped bids
1. Start by looking for the group that contains the bid for which you want to submit a proposal. Click on the name of the group.
2. From the group’s Overview tab, click on “Bid Form.” You will see the name of the bid at the top of the bid form page.
3. Fill out any necessary fields, keeping in mind that a value must be entered for all items that have a red asterisk next to them. You will not be able to submit the bid if the starred items have not been completed. Once the bid form is filled out, click on “Review & Submit.”
4. Next, you will see a summary of the information you entered. If a correction needs to be made, click on “Back to Edit” to return to the previous page where you’ll be able to make the necessary changes.
If everything is correct, click on “Submit” to submit the proposal to the client. The client will be automatically notified that your proposal was submitted, and will be able to view your proposal instantly.
5. On the next screen you will have the ability to enter internal notes for this proposal. The notes entered on this screen are only visible to you and your coworkers. They are not visible to clients and are intended for internal use only.
If you have no notes to add, click “Skip” to proceed.
6. You will now see the completed bid form. You will also have the ability to “Create a Revision” if necessary. Creating a revision means that you are submitting a revised proposal to the client. Your updated proposal is sent to the client who will be notified of the revision.
7. If you have additional proposals to submit for this group, you can use the “Previous” and “Next” options on the top right of the screen to access the bid forms for these bids. You can also access the other bids in the group by clicking on “See all bids.”
8. Click on “Overview” to return to the group’s Overview tab. Here you will see the proposal amount listed next to the bid.
Keep in mind that accepting bids or submitting proposals for individual bids within a group does not automatically change the status of the entire group. In the screenshot below, the status of the group has been manually updated to “Submitted.”
9. The group will be listed in your Bid Board according to the status of the entire group (and not based on the status of the individual bids within the group).
If you have any questions about submitting proposals with bid groups, please contact us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help!