As a subcontractor with Bid Board Pro, you can forward bid invites from your email inbox to BuildingConnected so you can keep track of all bids in one place. Our system will automatically capture as much information from the email as it can and convert it into a bid on your Bid Board.
If you are interested in learning more about upgrading to Bid Board Pro, please click here reach out to our sales team.
- How to forward an invite from your inbox
- Will I get a confirmation email once the bid invite is added?
- How the invite will appear your Bid Board
How to forward an invite from your inbox
Forward any bid invite in your inbox to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that the email you use to forward the invite is the same email as the one you use for your BuildingConnected account.
Tip: If you don't have a email to forward for a bid you want to track, you can write a formatted email to forward into Bid Board. Learn more here.
Will I get a confirmation email once the bid invite is added?
The individual who forwarded in the bid invite email into BuildingConnected can receive a series of confirmation emails as shown below.
Please note that you cannot forward in invites from general contractors that were sent from BuildingConnected to prevent duplicates. BuildingConnected opportunities are automatically added to your Bid Board when you are invited. You will not receive a confirmation email if you attempt to forward a BuildingConnected invite.
- "Opportunity Created" - A new opportunity has been successfully added to your Bid Board.
- "Duplicate" - A new opportunity was not been added to your Bid Board. The system detected a duplicate email being sent to Bid Board and an opportunity already exists with matching information. If the email is incorrectly marked as a duplicate, please review "Troubleshooting bid invites forwarded into Bid Board" for steps you can try to resolve this.
- "We already have that opportunity" - A new opportunity has not been added to your Bid Board. The system detected an opportunity already exists with matching information. If the email is incorrectly marked as already existing, please review "Troubleshooting bid invites forwarded into Bid Board" for steps you can try to resolve this.
- "Message Added" - This occurs when you send an addenda or email related to an existing opportunity. The system found the matching existing opportunity in your Bid Board. Your forwarded email has been added as a message to that opportunity. Please reference, "How to add addenda (Bid Board Pro)" for more information.
How the invite will appear your Bid Board
Once forwarded, the invite will be automatically converted to a bid in BuildingConnected. You can access it by finding it under your "Undecided" tab on your Bid Board or click "View Opportunity" in the email notification you receive.
- In the opportunity on Bid Board
- Under the project title, you will see the label "FWD".
- The client and project details are populated with what the system was able to gather from your email. If there is incorrect or missing information, please review "Incorrect or missing information on forwarded bid invites".
- The project details will state who forwarded an invite and when this opportunity was created.
- Scroll down to also see the contents of the forwarded email.
- Files: This tab will contain any links to files or attachments on the message you forwarded in.
- Message: The forwarded message can also be viewed in the "Messages" tab. These messages are also labeled as "Fwd" and will note when and who forwarded it in.