BuildingConnected allows you to add inclusions to your bid form from within the Bid Leveling tab. Learn how to use our “inclusions” feature to easily track the specific services that were accounted for in a subcontractor’s bid. Inclusions are especially helpful in cases where a subcontractor submitted a lump sum amount in their proposal. This article will cover:
- How to add inclusions from within the Bid Leveling tab.
- How to enter values for inclusions from within the Bid Leveling tab.
How to add inclusions from within the Bid Leveling tab
1. Start by accessing the “Bid Leveling” tab for the appropriate bid package. Look for the “Inclusions” section on the left and click on the “edit” button.
2. A window will appear where you can add inclusions to your bid form. The “response type” for inclusions are “yes/no” only and questions are set to “required” by default. To change this setting, uncheck the appropriate box under the “Required?” column.
3. After entering the desired question, click on “Save.”
Note: Subcontractors are not notified when inclusions are added to a bid form. However, you can ask invited subcontractors to revise their bid and they will see the updated bid form. Furthermore, if a subcontractor is filling out the bid form while the form is modified, they will receive a notification alerting them of the change.
4. You will see the newly added question under the “Inclusions” section.
How to enter values for inclusions from within the Bid Leveling tab
1. Start by accessing the “Bid Leveling” tab for the appropriate bid package.
2. Find the company whose proposal you want to adjust.
3. Under “Inclusions,” look for the question you’d like to add a numerical value to. Click on the submitted answer to expand that section.
4. You can change the answer submitted by the subcontractor, add an adjustment value and also leave a note for reference. Click “Enter” once the necessary information has been entered to submit the changes.
5. You will see all adjusted values when plugs are enabled. All adjustments are highlighted in orange to make these items easy to identify. You will see an “Adjusted Total” when plugs are enabled. The “Adjusted Total” incorporates any values you have added.
If you have further questions about adding or managing inclusions while leveling bids, please contact us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help!