BuildingConnected allows you to revise bids that have submitted to general contractors through our site. This functionality is helpful when general contractors send addenda for a project after your bid has been submitted. The ability to revise submitted bids is also helpful in cases where information is incorrectly entered in your original bid.
1. Start by finding the bid you want to revise in your Bid Board. The bid should be under the “Submitted” status. Click on your bid.
2. From the “Overview” tab, click on “Revise Proposal.”
3. You will be directed to the “Bid Form” tab where you will see the bid you previously submitted. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Create a Revision.”
4. Next, you will be able to edit the information in the bid form. Once the updates have been made, click on “Review & Submit” at the bottom of the page.
5. You will have the opportunity to edit the information entered before submitting the revision. If everything is correct, click on “Submit” to complete the process.
6. You will then have the opportunity to add notes to the revision you just submitted. These notes are not visible to the general contractor and are for internal use only. If notes were entered, click “Save” on this window. Otherwise, click “Skip.”
7. You will immediately see the revised bid. The original bid can be found at the very top of the “Bid Form” tab.
Note: General contractors are able to see the original bid and all revised versions of that bid.
8. In the “Overview” tab, you will see the revised amount. You can easily identify a revision by looking at the “Bid Amount” section at the top of the page. Here, you will see “Rev 1” listed next to the date that the revision was submitted.