BuildingConnected allows you to submit bids on behalf of subcontractors who you have invited to a project. This feature allows you to keep all proposals in a single place and is especially helpful in cases where an invited subcontractor submits their proposal over the phone.
1. To start, click on the project that the subcontractor was invited to.
2. Select the appropriate bid package.
3. From the “Bidders” tab, click on the entry for the subcontractor you are submitting the bid for. In the panel on the right, you will see a “No proposal submitted” section. Click on the “Create proposal” link.
4. In the window that appears, enter the necessary information. Once done, click on “Review & Submit.”
5. You will have the opportunity to edit the information entered before submitting the proposal. If everything is correct, click on “Submit” to complete the process.
6. You will immediately see the updates on the “Bidders” tab. The subcontractor’s status will change to “Submitted” and you will see the proposal amount listed in the panel on the right.
If you have any questions about submitting proposals on behalf of subcontractors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!