With BC Pro, you can download a Proposal Summary Sheet, a formatted Excel file which includes a summary and details of all the proposals submitted for this project.
What is a Proposal Summary Sheet?
A “Proposal Summary Sheet” is a formatted report you can download directly to Excel which provides an overview of submitted proposals and the details within each one such as the proposal amount, the awarded bid, and apparent lows. Please note that the “Proposal Summary Sheet” is only available on a project by project basis.
The “Proposal Summary Sheet” is useful to help your company maintain accurate records and easily analyze all proposals submitted for a project.
To download the Proposal Summary Sheet
In your project, click the “Reports” tab.
Under “Proposal Summary Sheet” click “Download.”
If your team adjusted bids in this project using the Bid Leveling feature, choose between "Export Leveled Bids" or "Export Base Bids".
What is included in the Proposal Summary Sheet?
Your Proposal Summary Sheet will open in Excel and will contain a pre-formatted breakdown of all proposals you received for your project.
The "Summary" tab highlights the Soft Awarded/Apparent Low, 2nd Apparent Low, and 3rd Apparent Low for each bid package. The following is the color legend:
- Blue: Company is marked as "Soft Awarded"
- Orange: Cost was adjusted in Bid Leveling (only shown when you export leveled bids)
- No Color: Company's bid is the Apparent Low, but is not marked as "Soft Awarded"
Therefore, here are some examples on how to understand the colors based on the following screenshot:
- A&R Electric is highlighted blue, indicating it is marked "Soft Awarded" and the text is orange, so the cost was also adjusted.
- Anderson Carpet has no color and is the apparent low by total cost.
- Spaceline Acoustics is the apparent low by total cost and is highlighted orange, indicating the cost was adjusted.
There are separate tabs for each bid package in your project. The format mirrors Bid Leveling with values listed according to your bid form.
You can change any of the cost line items in Excel and the Base Bid or Leveled Bid (if exported) value at the top will adjust accordingly.
Note: If you export with leveled bids, any costs that were adjusted in BuildingConnected will be highlighted in orange. Any notes that you made in Bid Leveling will also be included.