Your subscription to Bid Board Pro includes the ability to forward bids that were sent to your email inbox into your BuildingConnected account. This feature helps you stay organized by allowing you to manage all of your bids from a single place.
This article explains how to set up automatic forwarding for Gmail. By setting up automatic forwarding for bids you receive via email, you ensure that all of your bids can be managed from a single place - your BuildingConnected account.
To turn on automatic forwarding in Gmail
- Open Gmail using the account you want to forward messages from. You can only forward messages for a single Gmail address, and not an email group or alias.
- In the top right, click on the settings icon. From the list of options, click on “Settings.”
- From Settings, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Under the "Forwarding:" section, click on "Add forwarding address".
- Enter in email@example.com in the pop-up window and click "Next".
- You will be directed to a new page to confirm the forwarding address. Click "Proceed".
- Next, click on the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab. Scroll down and click on the option to “Create a new filter.”
- Next you will have to set the conditions for the messages you want forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you receive invitations to bid from a specific general contractor or service, we recommend adding that general contractor’s email address or the alias the service sends their notifications from in the “From” field.
Additionally, be sure to add terms that are normally included in these invites under the “Has the words” field. Taking this step will ensure that only relevant messages are forwarded to your Bid Board. Once you are done setting up the appropriate conditions for your filter, click on “Create filter.”
Note: Do not add email@example.com as the recipient in the “To” field from this window.
- Next you will indicate the actions you want this filter to take with the conditions specified above. From the list, select the “Forward it to” option and click the drop down menu to find the email address that you want the messages forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on “Create filter” to apply the filter to your inbox.