Your subscription to Bid Board Pro includes the ability to forward bids that were sent to your email inbox into your BuildingConnected account. This feature helps you stay organized by allowing you to manage all of your bids from a single place.
This article explains how to set up automatic forwarding for Outlook. By setting up automatic forwarding for bids you receive via email, you ensure that all of your bids can be managed from a single place - your BuildingConnected account.
To enable automatic forwarding for Outlook
- From the home menu, click on “Rules.”
- Click on “Edit Rules.”
- Click on the “+” button at the bottom of the window to create a new rule.
- Enter a name for the rule you are about to create.
- Indicate which conditions must be true for the rule to be applied to a message in your inbox. If you receive invitations to bid from a specific general contractor or service, we recommend adding that general contractor’s email address or the alias the service sends their notifications from as a condition for the rule.
For example, if you receive invites from iSqFt, you should add a “From” condition that “is” the email address they send their notifications from.
- Next, select the actions to perform on messages that meet the conditions you specified above. In this case, you want to select “Forward To” and enter email@example.com as the recipient.
Note: To minimize the instances of these rules not working correctly, we recommend that you keep the "Do not apply other rules to messages that meet these conditions" option enabled.
- Ensure that the “Enabled” box is checked to activate the rule. Once you are satisfied with the conditions you assigned to the rule, click on “Ok.”
To enable automatic forwards for Outlook 365
You can find detailed instructions for how to enable automatic forwarding here.
If you have any questions about how to enable automatic forwarding in Outlook or Outlook 365, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!