As a subcontractor, on a bid's "Overview" page, the "Activity" log allows you to record internal comments and track the status changes on an opportunity. This gives you transparency into who is making status changes to a particular project.
Please note that this activity log was introduced into the system on January 7, 2021 at 12:00 AM PST.
- For any bids that were existing before this date, you will see the notice “All status will now be tracked”. This means that any activity prior to this date and time was not tracked and will not be shown in the “Activity” log.
- Any tracked activity performed after this date or on any new bids since then, the system will show the history accordingly.
This article shows you how to:
- Track changes to opportunities
- Add comments to the “Activity” log
- Filter for comments or history in the "Activity" log
Track changes to opportunities
This activity log tracks the following changes made by any member of your company or the client who can perform certain actions on your behalf.
- Who accepted the opportunity
- Who declined the opportunity
- Who submitted a proposal, including the proposal amount
- Who submitted a proposal revision, including the proposal amount
- Who archived an opportunity
- Who unarchived an opportunity
- Who set the outcome (to Won, Lost, or Other)
- Any automatic changes from Opportunity Rules (Bid Board Pro only)
Add comments to the “Activity” log
You can make comments in the "Activity" log to leave notes for your internal team.
In the "Activity" log within an opportunity, click the “Leave a comment for your team” field and type your comment.
Press “Enter” on your keyboard to save.
Comments will appear in the order they were added with the most recent comment appearing at the top of the “Comments” section. You can also see the date and time comments were added.
Please note that adding a comment from a group summary page will only add the comment to the group summary, not each individual bid.
To edit comments
Comments can only be edited by the individual who initially added the comment. To edit your comment, hover over a comment you in the "Activity" log then click the “Edit” button.
Make necessary edits to your comment, then press the “enter” button on your keyboard to save.
To delete comments
Comments can only be deleted by the individual who initially added the comment. If you would like to delete your own comment, hover over the comment then click the trash icon to the right of your comment.
Please note that deleting comments will not notify your coworkers that it was removed. Deleted comments also cannot be reversed. If you accidentally delete one of your comments, you will need to add a new one.
Filtering for comments or history in the "Activity" log
The “Activity” log is defaulted to show both comments and history together. However, you can choose to filter the items by comments or history only if you would like to only view certain elements.
Please note that the filter you choose will remain for you across all of your opportunities.
To filter your “Activity" log, click on the drop-down menu at the top right and select from the options.
Article is closed for comments.