BuildingConnected automatically sends invitations to bid when a project or bid package is published by a general contractor. These invites contain details that bidders can quickly review to determine their interest.
Sample Bid Invitation
All emails sent out from BuildingConnected come from firstname.lastname@example.org. However, the name associated with the email will be the lead contact as noted within the invitation. For example, in the email above, the name of the sender appears as "Sally Construction (Henry's Construction Co.)"
Email Subject Line
Format: "Request for Budgeting or Bid Invite: [Project Name] Project"
The beginning of the email subject line differs depending on what is chosen in the "Budgeting" section of the project "Information". For NDA-protected projects, the project name is also typically excluded unless you select the option to show it. Find these sections in
- "I want to send requests for budgeting" = "Request for Budgeting "
- "I want to send invitations to bid" = "Bid Invite"
- For an NDA-protected project where the project name is not disclosed = "Bid Invite from [Company Name]".
For the email below, the project is not NDA-protected and "I want to send invitations to bid" is chosen in the project information. The email subject line would be "Bid Invite: Revitalize Coffee - Renovations Project".
What details are included in the invite
- The company's logo from the company profile
- The name of the individual at the general contractor who is the lead on this project or bid package
- The name of the general contractor’s company
- The project name
- Note: If the project is an NDA-protected project and you have chosen to not disclose the name until the NDA is signed, the name will be "[NDA-Protected Project]"
- The name of the bid package (scope) the bidder was invited to
- Note: If a bidder is invited to multiple bid packages within a project at one time multiple scopes will be listed accordingly and each will link to the respective opportunity in BuildingConnected
- A direct link to "View this RFP" which takes them to the project on BuildingConnected
- An option for the bidder to quickly indicate if they are "Bidding", "Not Bidding", or "Not Sure" directly from the email.
- The project’s details including location, bid due date, and a snippet of the description.
- Note: For an NDA-protected project, the bid due date will be shown, but the the location will state "hidden until NDA signed" and no project details are included.
- Another direct link to the project on BuildingConnected to view the files and project details
- Client Details displays the contact information for the lead on this project or bid package, which includes the following from their personal profile:
- Phone Number
- Company and Office Location (City, State)