If you are experiencing issues with BuildingConnected, clearing your browser cache is the first step we recommend for you to take. Clearing cache is especially helpful for site loading issues and in cases where additional troubleshooting is needed for log-in issues.
Instructions for clearing cache in Chrome
Before taking the steps below, please make sure that Chrome is up to date. Update Chrome by following these steps.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- From the top right, click on .
- Click on “More tools” and then on “Clear browsing data.”
- At the top, you will have the option to choose a time range. To delete everything, click on “All time.”
- Check the boxes next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files."
- Click on “Clear data.”
Instructions can be found here in Chrome’s help center.
Instructions for clearing cache in Firefox
- Click the menu button and choose “Preferences.”
- Select the “Privacy & Security” panel.
- In the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click on “Clear Data.”
- Remove the check mark in front of the “Cookies and Site Data” option.
- Click to select “Cached Web Content” and then click on the “Clear” button.
- Close the “Preferences” page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Instructions can be found here in Firefox’s help center.
Instructions for clearing cache in Internet Explorer 11
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Tools” drop-down menu.
- Hover over “Safety” until additional menu options appear.
- Click on “Delete browsing history” to continue.
- Choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your computer. We recommend only selecting the option: “Cached images temporary internet files.”
- Click on “delete” to complete the process.
Instructions can be found here in Internet Explorer’s help center.