What is your BuildingConnected profile and how does it work?
Your profile contains the information available to general contractors when they are inviting subcontractors like you to bid. This includes information like your company name, work performed, location, and contact information so you can be invited to the right projects. This is the only information available for general contractors on the BuildingConnected network. Everything else is private and secure to your company account.
Subcontractors with a complete and updated profile are more likely to receive bid invites.
Here are the most important things to complete on your BuildingConnected profile:
1. List all the scopes of work you are willing to perform. The scopes listed under “Work Performed” determine the type of invites that you will receive. Select accurate and specific keywords to ensure that your company appears under the correct scope when general contractors search for bidders in your area.
2. Set your service area where your company performs work. The areas that you select under "Service Area" will determine the locations for the projects you are invited to bid on. Select all the areas you are willing to perform to ensure that your company appears under the correct location when general contractors search for bidders.
2. Update your contact information so general contractors invite the right point of contact and follow up on a bid. Make communication with general contractors easy by maintaining accurate contact information on your profile so they know who to reach out to.
3. Fill out the business, labor, and enterprise type of your company. Adding “Subcontractor” as a Business Type in your company profile informs our system that your company should appear in the search results for general contractors who are looking for bidders in your area. Labor Type and Enterprise Type are also common filters general contractors use to search for bidders.
4. Add any additional office locations. BuildingConnected uses your address to make you visible to general contractors who are searching for bidders in your region. If your company operates in multiple locations, add those office locations to your company profile. This will ensure you are properly represented in the search for bidders in all the areas in which you work.
Now that your profile is complete, check out the rest of the resources in the essential bidding toolkit.
If you have any further questions about completing your profile, please contact us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help!