BuildingConnected gives subcontractors the ability to add their own suppliers or vendors to bids. This allows you to pass the files or project details to any parties that are helping you prepare your proposal, while only giving them limited access as they will not be submitted a bid to the client for you. Continue reading to learn more about vendors.
If you are trying to add members of your own company, click here for instructions.
- What is a vendor and what information can vendors access?
- I'm incorrectly marked as a vendor, what can I do?
- To add a vendor or supplier to a bid
- To remove a vendor from a bid
- To resend a vendor invitation
What is a vendor and what information can vendors access?
Vendors are ideally third party companies that are helping you put together your estimate or any suppliers or subcontractors that you will need to use in order to perform the scope of work requested. These parties do not submit a proposal to the client for you so this is why "vendors" in our system have limited access.
Vendors can view:
- Bid information (project name, bid due date, client details, bid status)
- Followers that work for the company that owns the bid
- Any followers that work at the vendor's own company
- Project files
Vendors cannot view:
- The bid form or submit a bid
- Vendors that work at other companies
- Internal information (comments, tracking information, files uploaded under the "Internal Files" section)
I'm incorrectly marked as a vendor, what can I do?
Click here for instructions on how to resolve your "vendor" status.
To add a vendor or supplier to a bid
Start from the bid’s “Overview” tab. Under “Team Summary” click on “Manage team.”
Click into the “Add a follower or vendor” field and type the email address of the vendor or supplier that you’d like to add to the bid.
Click "Invite" in the drop-down or press "Enter" on your keyboard.
Click "Done". The contacts from different companies you added will appear under "Vendors".
To remove a vendor from a bid
Start from the bid’s “Overview” tab. Under “Team Summary,” find the name of the vendor you’d like to remove. Click on the drop-down arrow next to their name and then click on “Remove”.
To resend a vendor invitation
Start from the bid’s “Overview” tab. Under “Team Summary,” find the name of the vendor to whom you’d like to resend the invite. Click on the drop-down menu next to their name and then click on “Resend Invite Email.”
Article is closed for comments.