As a subcontractor with Bid Board Pro and BC Pro, you can create a project from an opportunity and invite your own subcontractors to provide pricing for a project. You can easily transition the information and files from your invitation to bid in your “Bid Board” into the “Projects” in BuildingConnected.
Please note that you do need a subscription to both Bid Board Pro and BC Pro in order to access this feature. If you need further clarification on this or are interested in hearing more about BC Pro and how to create projects from opportunities, please contact your Account Executive. If you do not know who your contact is, please contact BuildingConnected support and we can connect you with them.
To create a project from an opportunity
There are four ways you can start creating a project:
In the Opportunity:
- Click on "Create a Project" in the Projects Section.
- Hover over "Project: Not Linked" at the top right. Click "Create a Project".
- At the top right of the opportunity you are interested in turning into a project, click on the drop-down arrow and click on “Create a Project”.
From your Bid Board:
If you have the "Project Status" column in your view, hover over the empty field next to the opportunity and click "Create a project" which appears.
Please note the following:
- You cannot create a project from a group. You will need to create one from the individual opportunities within the group so please ensure that you select one of the opportunities in the group in order to see the create a project option.
- You cannot push opportunities if the client is using Box.com for their files. The “Create a Project” option will be grayed out and you will not be able to use the feature.
A window will pop up allowing you to add project details. The system will auto-populate project information already existing in the opportunity. You can add or edit as desired. When you complete this information, click “Next”.
Next, you can add files to this project. You can select all the client files from the opportunity or all the internal files that your company uploaded or both. For more information regarding internal files, please reference, “How subcontractors can upload files to bids for internal use”. Please note that you cannot select or deselect individual files.
Once you have selected the files you would like to add, click "Next".
On the “Create bid package” screen, there are two options.
1. You can enter information for the scope of work you are bidding out. Click “Create Project” when you have finished entering information.
2. If you need to create multiple bid packages for multiple scopes of work, select “Create multiple bid packages. Click “Create Project”. This will direct you to the Bid Packages table in the Projects section.
Please reference, “How to add bid packages to projects” for more information about setting up bid packages.
You will receive a notification that your project has been created. The files may take a few minutes to upload. You can go to the project by clicking “Go to the Project”.
To navigate between the project and opportunity
Once the project is created from the opportunity, you can navigate between the two.
In the Project
Navigate to the opportunity from two places at the top right:
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right and click on “View linked Opportunity”.
- Click on Client and click on "View linked opportunity".
In the Opportunity on Bid Board
Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right and click on “View linked Project”.
Please note that you can only create a project once from an opportunity. If you create a project but delete the linked project draft, you will not be able to create a project again. You will need to go to the Projects and manually create a project for this opportunity to invite your bidders.
Additionally, if any information changes on the opportunity, it will not automatically sync over to the project you created. You will need to manually update any changes to your project information.