As a subcontractor with Bid Board Pro and BC Pro, you can create a project from an opportunity and invite your own subcontractors to provide pricing for a project. You can easily transition the information and files from your invitation to bid in your “Bid Board” into the “Projects” in BuildingConnected.
Please note that you do need a subscription to both Bid Board Pro and BC Pro in order to access this feature. If you need further clarification on this or are interested in hearing more about BC Pro and how to create projects from opportunities, please contact your Account Executive. If you do not know who your contact is, please contact BuildingConnected support and we can connect you with them.
To create a project from an opportunity
There are four ways you can start creating a project:
In the Opportunity:
- Click on "Create a Project" on the Projects card.
- At the top right of the opportunity, click on the drop-down arrow and click on “Create a Project”
- Hover over "Project: Not Linked" at the top right. Click "Create a Project".
From your Bid Board:
If you have the "Project Status" column in your view, hover over the empty field next to the opportunity and click "Create a project" which appears.
Step 1: Add Project Details
A window will pop up allowing you to edit the project information. Edit or add any information as desired and Click "Next" at the bottom.
Step 2: Select to transfer
- Team: Select or remove team members following the project.
- Files: Migrate all or specific files. For more information regarding internal files, please reference, “How subcontractors can upload files to bids for internal use”.
- Bid Form: Attach the client's bid form and its line items requested by the client.
- NDA: Attach an NDA to the project if request by the client.
Once you have selected the information to transfer, click "Create Project".
You will receive a notification that your project has been created. The files may take a few minutes to upload. You can go to the project by clicking “Go to the Project”.
Please note that you can only create a project once from an opportunity. If you create a project but delete the linked project draft, you will not be able to create a project again. You will need to go to the Projects and manually create a project for this opportunity to invite your bidders.
Additionally, if any information changes on the opportunity, it will not automatically sync over to the project you created. You will need to manually update any changes to your project information. For best practices at managing this project between Bid Board and Projects, Pplease reference. "How to manage your projects that are linked to opportunities (Bid Board Pro and BC Pro).