Note: This tool includes features that are in a phased release. Your experience may be different than what is pictured until the feature is fully released.
If you are creating projects and uploading files for your subcontractors, you have the option to sync files from a Box.com account. If your company utilizes this file storage site, you can make project files from Box available in BuildingConnected.
- Firstly, you must connect your Box account to BuildingConnected. If you have not done so, you can find the instructions here.
- Once you have connected your Box account, navigate to the "Files" tab within your project.
- Click "Select a folder from Box".
- On the next page, click "Select a folder from Box".
- The folders from your current Box account will appear. Click "Sync Folder" next to the desired folder.
- Once you do so, the files will appear in your project files and be available for your bidders to download when they are invited to the project.
Note: BuildingConnected does not store these files. These files live on your Box account and are made available here for your bidders to download. If a file is added in Box, the files page will sync and make that new file available. If the file is removed in Box, it will affect the ability to download them here in BuildingConnected.
You can also choose to "Upload Files" anytime and add any documents from your computer.
At the bottom of the page, it will indicate that these project files are linked to Box. Click "Unlink" to disconnect the sync between these project files in BuildingConnected and Box or click "choose a different" to select a different Box folder to link to the project files.