LIMITED RELEASE: This feature is currently released to only a portion of our users so you may not yet see this feature in your account. Once the feature is fully released, it will be available if you have Bid Board Pro.
With Bid Board Pro, you can set rules so that when you receive certain invitations to bid, actions can be automatically applied to it to help you better manage your opportunities.
Please note that when you create a rule:
- It will apply to all incoming opportunities owned by the selected office. Any opportunities that did not come through an email invitation into Bid Board will not be included (manual, copied, imported, grouped, and suggested (Client Suggestions) bids)
- Rules do not apply to bids already on your Bid Board.
To set a rule to filter your opportunities
Navigate to the "Settings" in your Bid Board.
Please note that these rules need to be set for each individual office in your company. If you have multiple offices, select the office you would like to set these rules for in the drop-down menu. This can only be done to offices with Bid Board Pro; any offices without Bid Board Pro will be greyed out.
Click "Create opportunity rule".
In the pop-up window, enter a name for this rule.
The rules function on “if and then” scenarios. So, if an opportunity matches a condition you set, then a certain action is applied.
- Select an "IF" condition - You must select at least one condition. There are currently 5 available:
- opportunity name contains - Enter in a word or phrase to apply a rule to any opportunities with that certain word or phrase in the name
- from the client company - Select a client company you have worked with.
- You may select multiple companies.
- You can only select companies that have previously sent your company invitations to bid.
- outside Office Service Area - This rule will apply to any opportunities located outside of the service area set in your office's profile.
- project size is between - Enter in a minimum and maximum value to filter out projects that may be too large or small for your company's scope of work
- not listed in Work Performed - This rule will apply to any opportunities that do not include the work performed set in your office's profile.
- Once you have set one condition, click "And" to select multiple "IF" conditions as desired.
- Select a "THEN" condition. You must select at least one condition. There are currently 2 available:
- apply tags - Enter in your desired tag and select from the existing or add a new tag. This will allow you to easily filter for these on your Bid Board.
- remove followers - This will automatically remove followers, including default followers, on opportunities that meet the "IF" conditions. No further notifications will be sent to anyone originally invited on the opportunity.
- Click "And" to select multiple "THEN" conditions.
- You can remove any condition by clicking the "x" icon to the far right.
- Click "Save" to create the rule.
You can create as many opportunity rules as desired.
The opportunity rule will list who last edited it and when. On each rule, there are options to toggle off to inactivate the rule, edit it, or remove the rule as desired.
Please note that anyone with access to the settings can edit these rules. To limit access, you can adjust your Bid Board permissions.